BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Did you know your old and toxic?? Tea to the Rescue

For you hot chocolate drinkers out there I found an amazing alternative to that high sugar beverage. A friend of mine goes into Teavanna every time we go to this one mall together and at first I turned my nose up at it. Its a very strange store with all sorts of funky mystical tea and scent things for sale. Because of course hot tea drinkers are, you know, odd. So you go into this super odd store that has the entire back wall of big canisters full of loose tea that looks like decaying potpourri and of course hip people work there and want to sell you all sorts of teas that are suppose to cleanse, detox, relax, and rejuvenate you. .. Really? They can do all that? I'm pretty wary when something is said to detox you. What exactly have I been eating that has toxins in it? Is that can of chicken noodle soup I just split with my son TOXIFIYING US? Are we going to die from all those toxins? Also how exactly does it detox me. Am I going to be sweating those toxins out for some poor non weird tea drinker to breathe in? Don't get me wrong I Love tea. I'm a Texas girl for ever and for always and nothing makes me happier then a huge glass of sweet tea and some dark chocolate. I love the fact that Lipton tea is a no brainer. I don't have to look at my tea collection and think hmmm.. am I tense? Should I drink white tea? Maybe I'm looking old lets go for the red tea.. No I'm definite feeling toxic.. Lets drink the green.
Anyways so Im standing at the counter reading all the labels waiting for my friend to buy tea for her husband and Im wondering how on earth does one get hooked on hot tea? Its so... hot and tastes sort of bland. This poor hip guy with a lip ring was trying very hard to sell me some, he would pull down a canister and use the lid to fan the teas aroma in my direction so the smell would grab me and make me loose my mind and buy some. All I could think was how can I tell this dude that that tea that hes trying so hard to get me to like smells an awful lot like my sons poop diaper and I certainly don't want to spend 18.00 a oz to seep it in water and drink that. Ew! I told him several times that I drink tea, only its Lipton tea.. Iced...In a box.... Premeasured... add tons of sugar and drink. No thinking involved... Realizing that tactic wasn't working I told him I prefer to spend my money on expensive coffee beans, THAT I told him is where you can taste the money you spend. I think the word coffee triggered a tea in his mind because he pulled one more canister and did his prissy waifing in my direction.. and WHOA. That tea smelled like chocolate, coffee, and tea all in one. My favorite things. I think the tea armoa drugged me becuase I bought some and its amazing!!!!! Its called Matevena and tastes like chocolate coffee tea in a cup and with a tiny bit of sugar its really guilt free and at least I can guarantee one thing I'm eating isn't toxinifying me.
Im drinking some now and thought I should share, hows that for rambling??

5 comments:

rebekah kamin said...

Our coffee here at work tastes fairly discusting, but since I'm to lazy to make any at home before I go to work.... I just add a package of hot chocolate to my coffee... add some creamer... and BAM. i have caffinated hot chocolate...

I know. its horrible for me and im i am aware of the side effects.
I PROBABLY WONT fit into my wedding dress.

Heidi said...

interesting post...we definitely have NO stores like that up here in Vandertucky... Anyway. Bekah needs my email and this is the only way I know how to get it to her since I don't know anyone's email really... heidibug79@hotmail.com Thanks for your help! By the way, there is one tea I like besides lipton. It's white tea with mandarin...of course I like it brewed, iced, and with a lot of sugar... :)

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

I love hot tea... dont know how I got started on it... right now I'm drinking a cup to because I'm sneezing my head off, my throat feels like someone took a scrubber to it, and I wish I could down some nyquil and sleep for hours.. but since baby might not like that I will settle for tea... :-)

sigh..

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

oh and bekah.. there is no WAY you couldnt fit into your dress. you skinny thing! lol although.... your upper area could use the filling out... otherwise socks might help. hehehehee :-D

rebekah kamin said...

psht. update, woman!