BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

All in a Days Work




For me, being a mom is the most rewarding and most challenging job there is. I would have never dreamed I would have to do some of the things that I now do. Like having a desperate screaming Baby Blue who wont use certain public toilets now because some genius invented the automatic flusher. Then hugging him and holding toilet paper over the flush sensor so he will calm down long enough to pee and then realizing all that effort had gone to waste because he peed straight into his pants.







With all the random day to day occurrences aside, teaching Baby Blue boundaries and to respect the word "no" is the most difficult ongoing problem I have had to work through. Day after day lines are crossed, boundaries are constantly being tested, along with everything in reach being gotten into. Makeup eaten, glue sticks applied to forehead, computer being rebooted, lotion rubbed thoroughly into the floor. My son has no end to energy and the only places he ever falls asleep are in his car seat or in his crib. Some days I think there is no end in sight and I often wonder when its all going to start getting easier. Then little things happen that give me hope, like sharing his treat with a friend, completely unprompted by me.



Or being told by the Mops nursery worker that Baby Blue tried to comfort a crying baby by giving him a hug and patting the baby's back. Seeing generosity and compassion in my son tells me that I am doing the right thing and that right now the best job I can have is raising my Baby Blue. Watching him turn into the person God wants him to be thrills me even more then coming into the living room and seeing this.


1 comments:

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Awe! Love him crashed out. Sweet baby

Your a great mommy!

Hugs